If you want to play a wav file you will need to customize the dialplan. It requires Linux knowledge including the vi command. Follow the procedure:
Note: Make sure the Paging settings on the web has been done. The dialplan customization would undo the web change of Paging settings.
How To Configure Multi-Cast Bells on the Yeastar S-Series Phone System
Organizational bells are important for schools, manufacturing, colonies and other organizations that have shift changes or work on a group schedule. They can also be used for emergency alerts. Here is how to configure alarms and alerts on a Yeastar S-Series Phone System
- Upload your audio file to the Custom Prompt menu.Refer by the following links:
- Login the SSH: https://support.yeastar.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004259608-How-to-Log-in-SSH-of-Yeastar-S-Series-VoIP-PBX
- Copy the dialplan of paging group in /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf. Copy the content of context [pagegoups]
- Paste the dialplan to /ysdisk/support/customcfg/extensions_custom.conf
- Save and Apply any change on the web.
- Test the paging number 6300.Note that when caller would also hear the prompt, after the prompt, caller needs to hang up the paging call manually.
And change the dialplan: Add dialoption A(record/xxx) like the following figure. Xxx is the file name you uploaded in the Custom Prompt menu
The following example is for paging number 6300. You could do the same thing for other paging groups.
Save the file.
Please note that the bell can not be automatically hung up by this method, which means you need to hang up the bell manually when the bell is playing.
Some Defaults for Colony Bells
Multicast paging requires phones to have a multicast address configured to listen. Here are the recommended multicast IP addresses
- Church Bell 22.214.171.124:10000
- Dinner Bell 126.96.36.199:10002
A bell audio file can be downloaded as Bells 2