VoIP business and Yeastar, and who will perform basic technical service for Yeastar Products for end-users or need the knowledge of their use and functionality. In this course, you will learn how to configure, manage and maintain Yeastar VoIP PBX at a basic level.
This course is the proper preparation for the Yeastar certification. The student must pass an online exam at the end of the courses. It is important to emphasize that the completion of the course does not guarantee the approval of the certification exam, it will have 2 opportunities. This exam is included in this program.
This certification includes:
- One full date of classroom training (including practical labs)
- Yeastar online exam voucher
- Official Yeastar merchandising
- Yeastar S20 PBX (with course kit)
- Yealink T27G with Power Supply (with course kit)
- Lunch and coffee break
- Diploma certificate (valid for 3 years)
- Prepaid 3 month SIP trunk with 2 channels (with course kit)
Who is the training for?
- Telephone system administrators.
- Telephony solution integrators.
- Beginners in VoIP technology.
- Network and Telecommunications students.
- Basic knowledge of TCP / IP networks
- Basic knowledge of traditional telephony and VoIP
- Laptop with Ethernet network port.
- Software: Web browser, Putty, Softphone, TFTP server, Audacity audio editor, Wireshark
Required Classroom Materials
- 1 patch cord
- Course Kit (listed below)
The following concepts will be covered in this class:
- What is VoIP?
- About Yeastar S-Series PBX
- Basic configuration
- Basic Management
- Basic maintenance
The Yeastar Certified Technician YSCT course is a full one day course that reviews the concepts required to install and configure the Yeastar S-Series phone system.
Course Kit includes:
- Yeastar S20 PBX
- Yealink T27G Phone
- Yealink T27G Power Supply
- HELIATel SIP Trunk - 90 Day Two Channel Trial with Canadian DID
8AM - Continental Breakfast
8:30 Housekeeping Topics
- Course team introductions
- Washroom locations
- Around the room introductions (What each person expects about the course)
8:40 Yeastar Overview
- About S-PBX
- 2.1 S-Series PBX Line Introduction
- 2.2 Modules Introduction
- 2.3 Hardware Installation
- Part 3 Basic Configuration
- 3.1 HTTPS
- 3.2 Password and Account
- 3.3 Network Settings
- 3.4 Update System Prompt
- 3.5 Date and Time
- 3.6 Set Extensions
9:15AM LAB 1 Initial Configuration of a Yeastar S20(Note: All labs will be conducted in groups of 2 -3 people)
9:45AM Inbound Calling
- 3.11 Inbound Call
- 3.8 Time Condition
- 3.12 IVR
- 4.1 Ring Group
- 3.7 Trunk Connection
- 3.7.1 Physical Trunks
- 3.7.2 VoIP Trunks
- 4.9 Voice Prompts
- 4.9.1 Music on Hold
- 4.9.2 Customize Prompt
- 4.9.3 Record A Prompt
- 4.10 User Permission
10AM LAB 2 Inbound Calling & BREAK
10:30AM Outbound Calling
- 3.9 Outbound Calling
- 3.10 Dial Pattern
10:45AM Lab 3: Outbound Calling
11:00: Part 4 Basic Management of S-PBX
- 4.2 Call Parking - When to use it and how to configure it.
Lab 4: Configuring Call Parking
12 - Lunch break - Lunch Provided.
- 1pm - Soft phones - Linkus (or XLite?)
- 4.3 Paging Group
- 4.5 Speed Dial
- 4.6 Call Back
- 4.4 Monitor Mode
1:15pm LAB - Setting Up Paging Group, speed dial, Callback and Monitor mode
1:40PM Theory: 4.7 Send and Receive FAX
- Theory: 4.8 SMS to Email and Email to SMS
Part 5 Basic Maintenance
- 5.1 External Storage - Which storage is available on what model
- 5.2 Backup and Restore
- 5.3 Firmware Upgrade
- 5.3.1 HTTP Mode
- 5.3.2 TFTP Mode
2:15PM Lab: Backup - Factory Reset - Restore - Firmware Upgrade
2:30: Demo of Yeastar Remote Access Tools
- 5.4 Log on S-PBX FTP - Using Filezilla
- 5.5 Ethernet Capture Tool - Basic Introduction to Wireshark
- 2:30PM Optional Lab & BREAK - Install Filezilla and Wireshark and look at call flow and listen to a call.
- 5.6 DAHDI Monitor Tool
- 5.7 Features Code
3:00PM Optional Lab - Configuring Feature codes on the phone
3:30PM Overview of Yeastar Intermediate Certs and Review for Exam
4 PM Certification Exam
5PM Course Evaluation & End
To learn how to register or for upcoming scheduled classes, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (403) 668-7895